Thursday, September 20, 2007

Visit to China


At the end of August, Bradley and I took a vacation to China to visit his brother and sister-in-law, Steven and Tara. We were able to spend an entire week with them in their home. It was my first trip to China. We loved the people and we loved the food. This is a picture of us eating our first meal there. This restaurant was so delicious I went back 2 more times during the week that we were there! Yum....


Bradley and I spent a few days in Hong Kong before we took the train into mainland China. Hong Kong was an amazing place to visit. The city is by far the largest that I've ever been in and definitely a great place to vacation. Here we are at the "Peak". We took a short tram ride to the top. We were able to eat lunch at Bubba Gump's and take pictures of the beautiful view.



The first day that we were with Steven and Tara we surprised Tara with a Baby Shower. Some of her close friends and family members sent us gifts to take to her. Once in China, I individually wrapped all the gifts and the four of us sat in their living room and had a baby shower. It was a blast.


Here is Steven goofing off. The baby's bib says "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"



Tara and some of her gifts.

This friend of Steven and Tara's quickly became our friend too.


We LOVED the food. This table full of food cost the four of us a total of about $15US. And it was delicious!

Here are some new friends that we were able to talk to.


One day while we were there, we went to an Amusement Park. It was truly amazing. There were rides that were very different from rides in the States, but it was awesome to experience some new things. Here are circular "bikes" that we rode on a rail about 10 feet off the ground. Hmmm...


We rode some "bumper boats"...doesn't Tara look happy!


Bradley and I were amazed at this 2 story Merry Go Round!


Tara, Bradley and I at the park entrance.

On our last night, we all went to get foot massages. Tara and I were SO relaxed!!


And we also got our hair washed (which includes a 20 minute head massage).

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Ember & Bradley,

Great pictures! I didn't know you got a foot massage - wasn't it the best? Hope all is ll in NC!

Charlene

Tara said...

Can I just say that I'm SO glad you put the pic of the guys getting their hair washed on there?!? Priceless.

love & miss y'all!!!