Thursday, June 5, 2008
The Great Escape
Everything is back to normal now, but several hours ago Baxter had a Great Escape. I gave him an inch and he took a mile...well, about half a mile! He slipped right out of the dog run and ran right into the woods. Thankfully Everett and Julia live just a few miles away, so they came over and helped me look for him. Everett and I ran into the woods down the same path that Baxter took and Julia took the car and drove around to the other side. Eventually Everett and I came up on a horse farm and a man there said that he saw Baxter. It's over 90 degrees here and I guess he just got too hot. Plus, we wonder if he got into one of the electric fences and it might have stopped him from running any further. But, nevertheless, when we found him, he was laying in the middle of a field, surrounded by an electric fence. Thankfully the farmer had turned the fence off, but Baxter didn't know it...and when I called him, he came right up to me and I slipped the leash right back on him. Oh, I was frantic when he ran away. I couldn't believe that I was traipsing through the woods either! All I could think about was the possiblity of snakes crossing my path! The whole escapade only took about 40 minutes, but that is definitely something that I never want to do again! Julia met us at the farm and we all jumped in the car and drove back to our house. You better believe that I won't be taking the leash off of Baxter again unless I've got that gate closed! I learned my lesson today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment