Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well, we're officially well into the waiting stages for Baby Wilkie's arrival. My doctor's office has begun to speak to us about inducing, which I've really had my mind set against doing my whole pregnancy. But, over the last few days and weeks, I've been praying about it a lot. And I've realized that ultimately I want what is best for this baby and what is the Lord's will. And if that means that I need to be induced, then so be it. I'll go on Friday for another non-stress test (where they monitor the baby's heart rate for 15 mins or so to see if he/she is getting proper nourishment and has a good amount of amniotic fluid). I had one yesterday and Baby Wilkie was doing great. We'll have another discussion about inducing with the doc on Friday. For the mean time, I've been praying that I'll go into labor this week in order to avoid the discussion altogether.

On a lighter note, yesterday Bradley and I were at the mechanics picking up one of our cars. (Since we have 3 vehicles and none are any newer than 8 years old...we see the mechanic often). Needless to say, he was suprised to see me without the baby (as all people have been lately). He told us a funny story about inducing labor and told us that we should try it. Someone he knew popped his wife on the head with a wooden spoon, which in turn caused her water to break right then. We laughed and laughed. It's really funny how many crazy things people will tell you to do to try to induce labor. (But you never know...if you see me in the next few days with a red and swollen forehead...you'll know why). :)

Please continue to pray for us and Baby Wilkie. It's amazing how quickly 9 months can breeze by and how slowly just a few days (the days after your due date) creep by. But, like I said before, we know that the Lord is in control and our desire is for His perfect timing to be in effect for our lives and the arrival of our child.

We'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

petro family said...

Hey Sweet friend,
I hope that you do not have to be induced and I am praying that sweet baby will let go of your rib cage and come on out!

But, if you do have to be induced, don't feel too bad. I was induced with all three of mine and it went fine.

love y'all, h

Haley said...

Praying you don't have to be induced... and that little baby comes quickly on his/her own. (Still think it's a boy!) :)

The Butlers said...

Bradley better not try to pop you on the head with a wooden spoon! Try having some Mexican food and driving down a bumpy road instead!