Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Lives Lately

We have had quite a busy few weeks! Bradley and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in June! We were so happy to celebrate such a milestone with our precious baby girl. Bradley took Claire and I to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. It was Claire's first trip to the beach and honestly, it was difficult for us to tell if she liked it or not. At least she didn't cry. She just seemed to take it all in. After her time at the beach though, it was her naptime and she went right to sleep! She was worn out!!

Also, my parents came into town for a week. Nana and Grandpa had a BLAST with Claire! She actually started laughing a few days before they came into town so they were really able to see her personality come alive! We were so thankful for their visit and just had a wonderful time. Claire loved to sit on the front porch with Nana while she watched her Grandpa water the yard or pull weeds out of her mommy's flower garden. (By the way...THANKS, Daddy for helping me out with my flower beds and the yard!). While my parents were here we also celebrated the 4th of July. We went to a friend's house where our church had a huge celebration. We were able to hang out with lots of friends and family. There was even a great fireworks show. Bradley and I thought for sure that the fireworks would wake up Claire, but she slept right on through them! It was really fun to look at the toddlers playing in the grass on the fourth and imagine what it will be like next year for us. Next year, Claire will be walking and talking during that time. She's already grown so much. I think I say this in each of my posts, but I just adore my baby girl. She's such a joy in my life. One of my favorite things to do is to watch her play with her daddy. Such a sweet, heart-warming time. Enjoy the pics below!


Chilling out under an umbrella with her daddy at the beach.


Her first time in the ocean. She wasn't so sure about it. :)


Daddy got his time in the water with Claire too.


Such a chunky thing! I just love this sun-hat!


After her time at the beach and a little bit in the pool, Claire was tired and cold. So we wrapped her up in a towel, took her upstairs for a bath and she went right to sleep. She was pooped!


Claire is scooting around on the floor more and more. I've gotten to the point where I'll just let her go where she wants. This day she made her way under the coffee table and out the other side. And as a bonus, I was able to capture her laughing.


Claire is on her way to the beach for the first time!


Just chilling with her daddy.

Our little family out to dinner celebrating our 5 year anniversary.

My friend, Melissa, sent us this mobile for Claire and she LOVES it! This is Claire's first time with it. I'm not sure what was up with her hair that day. Ha ha ha.


Claire LOVES hanging out on the front porch. She watches the leaves blow around, listens to the birds sing and loves the wind on her face. I'm so thankful that she enjoys being outside. Once she gets bigger, we'll be spending many a day playing outside.


We just can't resist torturing our cat, Papa. I think that Claire is finally too big to sit on Papa like this. Neither of them look to happy about us playing like this. But, boy, do Bradley and I have fun!! :)


On the 4th of July, we went to an outlet mall with my parents. It was Claire's first time to ride in her stroller and she loved it.


Claire is supposed to be napping, but there was so much activity around her that she couldn't settle down. We're hanging out on the lawn waiting for the band to start playing.


Claire enjoyed spending time with both sets of grandparents on her first 4th of July.

Claire and her Nana sitting on the porch. It was my parents last evening in Coats.


Claire and Nana.


Just recently I put Claire in her bouncy play seat. I put it together about a month ago but she was still too little to enjoy it. She's still pretty tiny, but I stuffed a towel behind her in the seat and she was able to play some. I think she'll be loving this activity center in a few weeks!

3 comments:

Haley said...

She is precious! It always calmed Eva down if we took her outside when she was fussy as a baby.

Tara said...

Such great pics...the first ones made me get all nostalgic as I reminisced about the first time we took Adaya to the beach! We love our sweet baby niece!

The Butlers said...

So funny! James loves it outside too! He can be the least bit fussy, and as soon as I open the door, he calms right down. We'll sit on the front porch and rock in the afternoons when the sun is going down. I even gave him a couple baths on the screened in porch just because it was nice and warm out. I really think I have a little outdoorsman on my hands! I will be in Coats this weekend. Brad finished his volleyball court. I think I will stop by and see Jamie. Would love to see you guys again sometime soon too!