~She now weighs 20 lbs 8 oz. and wearing 12-18 month clothes.
~She's no longer eating any purees! (Yeah!). We're still spoon feeding her yogurt and we're feeding her some of the finger foods when she takes a long time. She's got a great pincer grasp and can easily feed herself, but she's slow and gets bored fast. I know it'll come though. :)
~Some new foods are: meatballs in spaghetti sauce, blueberries, pasta in spaghetti sauce, biscuits from Ma's Grill, bean and cheese quesadillas, chicken enchiladas, roast and potatoes, and more. One thing that she refused to eat was broccoli...I don't blame her...:).
~Her hair is long enough to put up (see TCU pic below) but it's very fine and thin so it's difficult to keep a hair tie in her hair.
~She's now saying "da-deee" when she sees or hears Bradley. She's said "mama" a few times, but she says "da-deee" every day.
~She thinks a lot of things are funny now...she's laughing all of the time. Some things that she laughs at are: the dog and the cat, her toys, mommy and daddy, being tickled, the wind on her face, the leaves blowing in the wind, other children and more.
~She's constantly waving at things too. When we go into the kitchen for breakfast she can see the dog and she'll squeal with delight and start waving at him. She loves her dog. :)
~On that same note, she is also blowing kisses. Melts her mama's heart!!
~She can be a very serious little girl at times. She's very interested in what is going on around her and is definitely an observer.
~When asked "What does a monkey say?" she says "ooh, ooh, ooh"...but keep in mind that when she sees a cow or kitty she also says the same thing...we're working on it. :)
~She's a TALKER. I know I say this every month, but she just keeps on developing in this area. When we pick her up after a nap or first thing in the morning she babbles something and I just know that she's saying "Good Morning, Mama!!" in her own little way. She talks to her food, she talks to her toys, she talks to the cat and the dog. When the babble eventually becomes words, it is going to be amazing. She is such a communicator and I look forward to the challenges and the rewards that I will encounter as her mom in this area!
~She is a relational little girl. She loves to be in the same room with somebody else. She's just great playing by herself, but she loves to know that someone else is in her company.
~I can truly see both Bradley's personality and my personality in her and I love it.
Bradley took this photo...but I can tell by looking at it that she's talking to her sippy cup and/or to Bradley as this photo was being taken.
Well, her mama was experiementing with her hair and the time spilled over into naptime which develped into a full on meltdown. It sure made for a cute picture, though! :) Sorry honey!
Her daddy sure can get a big smile out of her. She L.O.V.E.S. her daddy!!!
3 comments:
My Eva is a talker, too, and it is definitely a challenge sometimes. The questions she asks are so above her cage that I struggle to answer them!
Claire is so super cute! She is a perfect combination of you and Bradley!
I love those last two pics with her pig tails and then that great smile. Cute girl!
Okay, so we Crane's are a couple days late, but we want to wish Sweet Baby Claire a Happy 1st Birthday!!! Dearest Claire, your 1st year of life has already brought SO much light and life to the people around you. We look forward to what this next year will bring! You are a PRECIOUS little girl! Love - Andy, Lisa and Tabitha :) P.S. - We expect to see some cake eating pics soon!!!
Post a Comment