Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Babymoon!

Well, it's getting towards the end of the pregnancy and we decided that we wanted to get away from the house for a little while one last time before the baby comes. Since Bradley's work schedule is picking up on the weekends, we thought that this week was our best bet to get away. We went to Boone (which we both LOVE to go to) and it ended up snowing! We were able to see Jarrett and Lara and meet their precious newborn Colby. It was a quick overnight stay, but it was wonderful.

We had just pulled up to the hotel and it was just starting to snow. The snow got heavier as the day progressed and really started coming down that evening. Unfortunately, my feet have been swelling so I'm limited to wearing crocs all of the time so my socks were kind of wet if I stepped in the snow. But, I didn't care...I was just so happy to be in Boone!


We were on our way to meet Jarrett and Lara for dinner. This time I decided to bundle up, but I still had those crocs on! :)


Sweet Colby Whiteside. He is so precious!


Not only did we get to hang out with Jarrett, Lara and Colby, but we were able to go out to dinner at a yummy Japanese place. What a treat!


When we got back to the hotel the snow was really coming down! We rarely get photos of us together in the snow so we couldn't pass this up!


The next morning the snow had tapered off around 11:00 so on our way out of town we decided to drive up to a high point in Boone to overlook the town. About halfway up, we came across a wrecker truck trying to get someone out of a ditch. So, we were forced to back down the mountain (not far, but it was still scary) to the nearest driveway so that we could turn around. I was totally scared and could feel my heart pounding! The funny thing too was that the baby started to react to my nervousness...he/she started kicking and punching like you wouldn't believe! Thankfully we were turned around safely and just started to head home. This pic is of the mountainside as Bradley was backing down. I was trying to take my mind off of what we were doing. :)


On our way out of town we drove by Jarrett and Lara's new house to take a pic during the day. (We'd seen it the night before but it was too dark to take a pic). This picture is taken from the road as we were making our way to their house. I just think that this area of the state is so breathtakingly beautiful!


Jarrett and Lara's new home. They should be moving into it any day now. We can't wait to visit them in their new home. It is beautiful!

1 comment:

Tori said...

It must have been fun to see you friends again!
Nettle,(the herb) will make the swelling in your feet go away, if you want to try it sometime! :)
Talk to you later.
Love ya
Tori L.