Okay, okay, enough of the preggo woman's emotions...:). One of the biggest things to report is that Bradley and I purchased a small business 2 weeks ago. For years, Bradley has wanted to own his own business and for years I've protested (I am NOT a risk-taker)...but when the opportunity presented itself for this particular business...we both realized that this was right for us...no matter how frightful I was of the risk. All of you, I'm sure, are familiar with Sears. But, have you ever heard of Sears Hometown Stores? They are smaller versions of the mega-stores you see in malls. We are NOT scratch and dent stores though! We can order any item into our store that the mega-stores have. The general idea to the Sears Hometown Stores is that we provide all of the Sears merchandise to the local, rural communities. They are all locally owned and operated (the mega-stores are all still owned by Sears Holding Corporation). Our particular store is in Clayton, NC...a suburb of Raleigh. If you are on Facebook, check out our page 'Sears of Clayton' for great coupons and deals of the week. We are super excited about this opportunity. It's been a lot of work and a lot of "new" things for us...but we have really enjoyed working there, and we especially enjoy that we are "working" together. Given that I'm about to have a baby and that we have small children, our goal is for me to continue to stay at home...but I'm doing my part at home...accounting, marketing and keeping Bradley up-to-date on things that may need to be addressed at the store. It's also nice to think about the future....if Bradley has a long couple of days or weeks at the store...I'll be able to step in (once the children are a little older) and go to work for him while he stays at home with the kids. What an amazing opportunity for him and the children to spend more time together.
Below are a few pictures of the store.



3 comments:
What a great opportunity for you guys! Hope it's a blessing for your family.
Can't believe we just have 3 weeks left!!!
How exciting for your family! I wasn't sure when you were due with #2 since I'm not on facebook anymore. I can't wait to find out who you have growing in there. :)
You guys have been SUPER busy!!! It's really cool to see some pictures of the store! I pray things are going smoothly...wish I could buy things from ya'll! 3 weeks until Baby #2 arrives...I hope mommy is feeling okay towards the end. We are VERY excited to meet the newest member of the Wilkie family!
Post a Comment